Kalimera Lefkadians!! Today we celebrate the World Water Day. It was established by United Nations and World Health Organization. It is celebrated on 22 of March every year and is about focusing attention on the importance of water.
Here you can find some tips how you in your home and close neighbourhood can help to save the water!
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth – this can save 6 litres of water per minute.
- Place a cistern displacement device in your toilet cistern to reduce the volume of water used in each flush.
- Take a shorter shower. Showers can use anything between 6 and 45 litres per minute.
- Always use full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher – this cuts out unnecessary washes in between.
- Install a water butt to your drainpipe and use it to water your plants, clean your car and wash your windows. A water butt can collect around 5,000 litres a year.
- Water your garden with a watering can rather than a hosepipe. A hosepipe can use as much as 1,000 litres of water an hour.
- Invest in water-efficient goods when you need to replace household products. You can get water-efficient showerheads, taps, toilets, washing machines, dishwashers and many other products.